What I Packed: The Reunion World Tour

Here is my packing list for my Reunion World Tour to London, Alicante, Valencia, NYC, Philadelphia and Washington, DC...

Days: 13
Weather: All over the place. In London and Spain, sunny weather and mild temperatures around 70*F. In the east coast, winter weather with snow on the ground and temperatures as low as 30*F during the day.
Conditions: lots of walking in a city environment, nice dinners and bar nights.

The items listed below include what I wore on my person during the flight to the destination. Per usual, I packed carry-on only.

I only brought a large backpack and a mini backpack purse.

I like to pack my things in smaller bags to make everything more organized. I used my packing cubes again which helped me save on space. Organization is key!

Here is how I split everything up among my backpack and purse.



Backpack Purse:
  • movies on USB drives to entertain me on the long flights
  • SD card to USB converter (to look at pictures on my tablet)
  • 2 pens
  • camera and case, with 4 extra batteries and 2 extra memory cards
  • reusable shopping bag 
  • sunglasses
  • mini notepad (with addresses of my friends so I can send postcards)
  • lip balm
  • Starbucks giftcard (I don't even like Starbucks, but I occasionally get them, and then save them for free eats at the airport)
  • reusable earplugs (much more eco-friendly than those disposable ones!)
  • solid perfume (great for when you're verging on 5 days without bathing)
  • small pill case with prescription meds, vitamins and ibuprofen
  • glasses/glasses case
  • 2 bandanas (multi-purpose!)
  • passport (duh!!!)
  • boarding passes
  • the usuals (phone, wallet, keys)


On My Person:


Carry-On Backpack:


Exterior backpack clips:

Main and side compartments:
  • kleenex* 
  • slip-on Bucketfeet shoes 
  • deck of cards 
  • umbrella
  • 3 extra ziploc quart size bags
  • extra pair of sunglasses (If mine break, I don't wanna buy more if I have a spare)
  • plastic bag for dirty laundry
  • Soft fabric cosmetic bag with zipper used for snacks: dark chocolate, tea, oatmeal, jerky, homemade larabars
  • over-the-ear headphones with microphone ($5 bin at Target)
  • sleep sheet in drawstring bag, also containing padlock (for hostel lockers) and pillow case (I didn't need the sleep sheet to avoid linen fees at the hostels this time around, but it was nice to have a thin barrier between my skin and questionable comforters on the trains)




"Clothing" Packing Cube
  • grey longsleeve dress
  • thermal tank (for a sleep shirt, or for accidental extra layering when you don't have time to take it off)
  • lace shorts/sleep shorts
  • black jegging/jeans
  • 4 ankle socks
  • 2 reg socks
  • 1 pair of black lace tights
  • 8  pairs of underwear (no fancy "travel underwear" necessary, just go to the 5 for $25 at Victoria's Secret and pick out mesh, lace, or a quick dry Nylon blend, since you'll be doing hand-wash)
  • 2 bras and one bralette (the packable solution to a regular bra)
  • bikini (always. you just never ever know)
  • 1 short sleeve pink/grey shirt
  • 1 black skirt
  • 1 silk shell/tank top
  • 1 longsleeve button up striped shirt
  • 1 short sleeve grey/pink plaid shirt
  • 1 pair of "liquid" or faux-leather leggings
  • sash for Chrysalis Cardi

My clothing choices allowed for lots of mix and match...







    my tank top and lace shorts for sleep take up very little space





    "Practical" Items Packing Cube:
    • gorilla pod tripod*
    • camera battery charger
    • tablet charger*
    • earbuds*
    • phone charger
    • international plug converters
    • Flipsters foldable flip flops (for hostel showering, for train lounging, for the spa...they're great!)
    • foreign phone and charger
    • camera to USB cord (in case my SD card reader fails me)
    • running belt to use as money belt (go to the $5 bin at Target for a knockoff)
    • small purse for going out at night
    • extra packing cube (in case I needed it)
    • toiletry bag (see below)




    Toiletry Bag:
    • pocket flashlight* (great for when you need to pack in the wee hours)
    • mini deodorant
    • extra contacts case and pair of contacts
    • cornstarch (multi-use: as dry shampoo, or as baby powder)
    • sunscreen stick
    • floss (in a pinch can be used as sewing thread!)
    • moleskin and bandaids
    • compressed towels (you never know when you may need them, and they're especially handy for heavy makeup removal)
    • hairclip
    • barrette
    • bar soap in a small mint tin
    • small jewelry pouch: hoop earrings, dangly earrings, 1 pair of studs, one short necklace
    • lipstick and lip liner
    • brown eye pencil
    • eye shadow and brush
    • mascara
    • chapstick
    • Melatonin tablets (Talk to your doctor. I got them in case I needed to get my body on the right sleep schedule.)
    • Ciproflaxin, aka anti-diarrhea medication. (I got prescribed these before Central Asia and I've never had to use them. But the moment you don't have them when you need them...that would be a problem.) 
    • eye mask
    • shower cap
    • wide tooth comb
    • compact hair brush (similar)
    • compact travel towel
    • DIY sewing kit
    • extra pill case with additional prescription meds, vitamins, ibuprofen, and antihistamines

    Ziploc Quart-size bag of liquids:
    • artificial tears/eyedrops
    • liquid peppermint castile soap (it's body wash, toothpaste, laundry detergent, deodorant...ALL IN ONE)
    • contacts case
    • mini conditioner (I have purple hair...I gotta use fancy stuff to keep it lookin' good!)
    • contact solution
    • toothbrush
    • liquid makeup
    • sunscreen (it's just sunscreen, but also works as hand lotion or face lotion)
    • homemade cream (it's face cream, makeup remover, hand cream, and lip balm ALL IN ONE)
    Backpack back flat pocket:
    • book
    • notebook
    • tablet computer* -- on it, a couple movies, all my hostel information, saved maps of the area, transit directions and itineraries for travel

    Poly file envelope (it doesn't rip even after heavy use)
    • small envelope for receipts
    • 1 photocopy front/back of each: driver's license, debit cards, credit cards, health insurance card
    • 2 extra passport photos (you never know when you may need them)
    • photocopy of passport (always carry one on you in case the real thing gets stolen)
    • maps (I put them in this folder as I accumulate them)

    *Upon arriving at my destination, I transferred these items to my daypack/backpack purse or on my person to carry around with me all day.


    Comments